How to Get a UK Passport by Investment

Immigration Information for Overseas Property Investors - Assets, Property, and Entry into the United Kingdom:

If you're considering purchasing property in the UK as an overseas investor, you may have questions about visa status and entry into the United Kingdom. It's important to note that buying a property in the UK does not automatically grant you the right to reside in the country. However, you do not need to hold a visa in order to buy property in the UK.

If you're seeking residency in the UK, consider exploring these common visa categories:


Visa Options for Residency in the UK:

These options cost from around £28,000 depending on your circumstances and do allow for you to bring family members to the UK with access to the UK educational syatem and healthcare. 

  • Innovator Founder Route: Demonstrate an innovative, viable, and scalable business idea endorsed by a Home Office approved endorsing body.
  • Global Talent Visa: Work in the arts, sciences, or digital sector after being endorsed as a leader or potential leader in your field.
  • Expansion Worker Route: Establish a branch of an overseas business in the UK as a senior manager or specialist employee.
  • UK Ancestry Route: Apply for a UK Ancestry visa if you are a Commonwealth citizen and have a grandparent born in the UK, Channel Islands, or Isle of Man.


Visiting the UK

Entering the UK to Purchase Property:

As a visitor, you can enter the UK to view and purchase property for a period of up to 6 months. To obtain a visit visa successfully, you must satisfy the following criteria:

  • Demonstrate your intention to leave the UK at the end of your visit
  • Show that you can support yourself and any dependents during your trip
  • Provide evidence of sufficient funds to cover your travel expenses to and from the UK
  • Clarify that you do not intend to make the UK your primary residence


Traveling to the UK:

The UK is in the process of launching the Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) Scheme, a new digital travel authorization linked to an individual's passport. The ETA will grant permission to travel to the UK for individuals who currently require a visa for up to 6 months, those on the Creative Worker concession visa (for up to 3 months), or those in transitional situations.

The government plans to implement this scheme over the next two years, with the first applications accepted from 1st February 2023. Starting from 15th November 2023, nationals of Qatar will require an ETA to travel to the UK, and nationals of Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates will need an ETA from 22nd February 2024.

Embark on your UK property investment journey with confidence, knowing the necessary steps and visa options available to you. Explore the opportunities that await and make informed decisions with our comprehensive resources and expert advice.

Back to Blog

Related Articles

How to get Your Own UK Passport by Investment

Immigration Information for Overseas Property Investors - Assets, Property, and Entry into the...
Read More

Why Off-Plan Properties Are a Winning Strategy for UK Investors

In the realm of property investments, off-plan properties have emerged as one of the hottest...
Read More

UK's Silicon Valley Poised for Property Investment Surge

Cambridge is set to become the UK's Silicon Valley with ambitious government plans. The UK...
Read More